Your new website - from start to finish
For many people and businesses, the creation of a website is an intimidating proposition. You know that other businesses of your type have a site, but have no idea where to start. At Pearce Web Design, we want to do all we can to clarify the process and advise you at every stage.
With that in mind, it may be helpful to know the typical sequence of events from your first contacting us to your finished website going live:
- Either call us on 01730 300 809 or fill out the enquiry form on our contact page.
At this stage we will discuss the aims of your site - are you a business
with services or products to sell or advertise, or a certain image to
project? Deciding on the function of your site is a vital first stage
which is easily overlooked: it is helpful if you have noted any particular
features or designs which you like, or indeed other websites which you
particularly like or dislike. We will also discuss your hosting and upkeep requirements,
including which domain names are available (see hosting).
- We will do any necessary research on suitable features for your site
and any information which we feel is essential.
- We contact you to discuss a structure for the site, the likely number
of pages and a costing.
- You send us material as discussed - text for pages, photos, maybe CDs
of sound material, either by post or via e-mail. We prefer to use e-mail
as much as possible as it can substantially reduce the amount of time
it takes to complete the project.
- We aim to have a homepage design for you to view online within 5-7
working days of receiving this material. You view the design and make
any initial comments over how it strikes you. If necessary the design
is altered until you are happy.
- Once you are satisfied with the overall look of the design, 50% of
the fee is now due. At this stage, or earlier if you request, we will
reserve your chosen domain name.
- We get to work on the rest of the pages, consulting you as necessary.
- Depending on its size and complexity, we aim to have the final site
ready for inspection 14-21 days later.
- You then view the site, and we discuss changes/make amendments as necessary
- When you're completely happy, the balance is payable and your finished website will go live. We will submit it then to search engines and directories as agreed.
That's it! Obviously every project is different - perhaps you may want us to take photos for you - but hopefully this will give some idea of what you need to do and what we will take care of.
Look at our contact page to see how to get in touch with us.